Thursday 21 April 2016

Emirates through a Bong's eyes

I'm a Bong girl from Bombay (for the last 10 years) who has moved to the Middle East. How's that for glocal? When we moved here, I was very clear that I wanted to visit all seven Emirates before heading out to the countries surrounding us, such as Oman. In almost three months, I'm pleased to report, we've covered five out of the seven. All we have left now are Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah--I'm most excited about the latter... beach holiday!

Here are a few snapshots of the United Arab Emirates through my eyes... well, through my phone. Let me know what you think!

Abu Dhabi Corniche

Interesting cat interaction at the Abu Dhabi Corniche

Sunset in Ajman

Sunset at the Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa

Birthday shenanigans at 360 Degrees, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai

Dawn at the desert campsite

Sunrise in the desert

Desert winds

Sunset in Dubai

Dubai under construction as seen from J W Marriot Marquis, Dubai

The stunning exteriors of the Grand Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi

The Grand Mosque's opulent interiors, Abu Dhabi

Dusk at the beautiful Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Holi Celebrations at the Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa

Grilling kebabs at the desert camp

Nalukettu Restaurant, Ajman

Santana, live in concert, Dubai Media City Amphitheatre

St Patrick's Day celebrations, McGettigans, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai

Taste of Dubai, Dubai Media City Amphitheatre

The Lebabon Island, The World (group of islands, Dubai) on Valentine's Day

Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi





















No comments:

Post a Comment