Tuesday 17 July 2012

Time's up!

Yes, it has indeed been a while. In fact, I’ve noticed that lately, even the bloggers I follow have not been updating their blogs regularly. Is summer a busy period for everyone?

Well, work was up my bottom, so I really did not have the time. I said bye-bye to my social life as well, and promptly fell sick. Sigh. The perils of being an independent adult.

Unsurprisingly, I’ve been feeling a little all over the place lately. Various reasons, of which one is that my vacation and reunion with my sister is so close and yet so far. I’ve waited five years; why is this last leg so difficult? My best friend also happens to be in Cal right now, partying it up, and I so want to be doing the same. And of course, people are getting engaged and married all over the place. Some serious, solid relationships around me have had their foundations shaken, which upsets me greatly. When the ones whom I can bank my faith in love on, seem to be on shaky footing, I freak out, yes.

The marriage bit is good, fun, happy, scary and sad all at the same time. You realise when your school friends start going down that the time has come. Or rather, time is up. You have now reached that age when people you grew up with, scorning marriage and these regular social conventions, are asking you to take leave for their weddings and prepare song lists (for the sangeet of course). And then all eyes, one by one, start turning to you...so, when are you going to be sharing the good news? Erm, I’m pregnant. Oh wait, that wasn’t the good news you were looking for? Oh, I skipped a step? Oh well, oops. Now get off my back.

Doesn’t mean that I don’t want it. I have succumbed to the social conventions too; I mean it is finally my turn for a normal, regular, human family life, right? I’d just be much happier if people, who are just going to come to my wedding to eat and later diss the food, would lay off.

Oh well, we can’t always get what we want. And you have NO idea how true that is. But today I shall not whine publicly; I will deal inwardly. Profound stuff. Till then, dreaming of dancing at mere yaar ki shaadi! J

2 comments:

  1. That's so me, someone who procrastinates blogging and is perplexed over their band of friends tying the knot one after another (there's panic too, but I realise it does more harm than good). I understand what you feel. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perils of growing up, I tell you. Sigh.

      Delete